- When: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 2:30-4:00 PM
- Where: Students will meet in the cafeteria right after school. They’ll grab a free snack and head to the location of the LEAP activity.
- Pick Up: When the program concludes at 4 PM students taking the activity bus will meet the bus and depart from the back of school. Students not taking the activity bus will also exit from the back entrance.
- Parent Permission: Be sure to complete the Parent Permission Form (pick one up in the main office) and have your student return it to the main office. Students can’t participate without this form on file for 2017-18.
- Activity Sign Up: Each month, students will have the opportunity to sign up for LEAP activities in the main office. Remember, it’s expected that students attend all sessions offered for each activity. Students will sign in each day so we can keep participation records, but we won’t monitor daily attendance. You do not need to let us know if for some reason your student can’t make it.
Students who attend 12 LEAP sessions in a trimester will land some sweet incentives this year. Trimesters end in December, March, and May and feature the following rewards:
- December 21 – Get a free t-shirt to show your spirit
- March 10 – Join in a surprise LEAP VIP outing
- May 24 – Cool down with Dairy Queen ice cream
This year’s activities!
- Homework Help: Need help with homework, a quiet place to study, or time to use a computer? Supervised homework help is available in the LRC on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 2:30-4 PM.
- Living Life Out Loud: Explore topics that teens face every day. Enjoy snacks (plus prizes) while problem solving, role playing, street marketing, team building, creating, and more!
- Oct 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, & 12
- Feb 6, 7, 8, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, & March 1
- May 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, & 17
- Tennis: Learn the basic fundamentals and rules of the sport, then play games to challenge your skills. Try a new sport, have fun, and meet new friends!
- Oct 24, 25, 26 & Nov 7, 8, & 9
- Rockin’ Rec: Bowling, golf, ice skating, and arts and crafts are just a few of the activities offered this year. Watch for more details and a chance to vote on your activity.
- Nov 14, 15, 16, 28, 29, & 30
- Jan 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, & Feb 1
- Multimedia Madness: Learn how to create and integrate digital content, social media, video, podcasts and more. Then build a website to feature all of your creations!
- Dec 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, & 21
- Creative Expression: We all have a story to tell. Yes, even you! Express yourself through the creation of collage art, photography, and poetry to tell your story and share it with others!
- Jan 16, 17, & 18
- Community Connections: Try out a wide range of activities from some of our community’s coolest!
- March 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, & 22
- Shakespeare 101: Curious what Shakespeare really meant?! Be part of the Drama Squad while learn about the Bard. Plus, you’ll get to perform for your friends and family!
- April 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, & 26
Contact the Jefferson main office (552-4700), or read out to the district LEAP facilitator Emily Blue at 552-3069 or email@example.com.
Visit http://www.dbqschools.org/leap for more information.