JEFFERSON MIDDLE SCHOOL. North-end junior high perched high on the bluffs above the MISSISSIPPI RIVER. On April 27, 1921, a resolution was adopted by the DUBUQUE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT calling for construction of two junior high schools. The proposition to issue bonds for the construction of the buildings was passed by a majority of 54 percent. The site on Althauser Avenue between Merz and Eagle STREETS was selected on April 22, 1922.
Information provided by Encylopedia Dubuque