Thomas Jefferson Middle School Announcements
Monday, April 26, 2021
1) Birthdays Today – April 26th…Akeelah Anderson, Goddess Riley.
2) LEAP Activities Today…Homework Help.
3) All 8th grade students who will attend Hempstead in the fall may try out for the freshman baseball team at Core Field on May 4th, 5th and 6th from 6 to 7:30 p.m. each evening.
4) Hempstead Boys Basketball…Current 8th Graders: Summer Skill Development Workouts: Encouraged to attend skill workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 9:00-10:00 am at Hempstead. These start on Monday, June 7th and end on Friday, July 23rd. There is no cost to attend these. High School Team Camp will take place on Monday, June 7th and Wednesday, June 9th. This camp is for all boys who will be in high school next school year. Players will need to register for this camp online. Here is the link: https://hempsteadboysbasketball.dbqschoolscamps.com/high-school-camp.cfm
To receive an entire summer schedule for current 8th grader students please ask the main office. Current 7th and 6th Graders: Youth Skills Academy: The skills academy is open to all boys entering 6th-8th grade for the 2021-22 school year who are interested in developing, expanding, and improving on their basketball skill level. The Mustang Boys Basketball Coaching Staff as well as Varsity Basketball players will run the academy. Essential basketball fundamentals will be taught through drills and competitive games each session. The cost per participant is $50 and it runs from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. on the following dates: June 14th, June 16th, June 21st, June 23rd, June 28th, June 30th, July 5th, July 7th, July 12th, July 14th. Registration link: https://hempsteadboysbasketball.dbqschoolscamps.com/youth-skills-academy.cfm
5) Sports Today – Girls Track & Field…Jefferson hosts Mazzuchelli, Washington and Western Dubuque at Hempstead beginning at 4:30 p.m.
6) Sports Today – Boys Track & Field…Western Dubuque hosts Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Mazzuchelli at Epworth beginning at 4:30 p.m.
7) Reminder…8th graders attending Hempstead in the fall and are thinking about playing football, every Monday and Thursday through May 27th from 6 to 7 p.m. there is a strength and conditioning program.